Do you live in the Hinckley, Nuneaton, Leicester or Rugby areas? You could win a BIG FAMILY DAY OUT
From jumping through the rabbit hole into Wonderland to stepping back in time to World War II, a full day of family fun awaits at Coventry’s museums this summer. And for some lucky families, the museums are laying on a competition to win a ‘money can’t buy’ Big Day Out that you and the kids will never forget!
If you’re one of the lucky competition winners, you and your family will be taken from either Hinckley, Nuneaton, Leicester or Rugby, on a vintage bus to Coventry, complete with your very own tour guide, where you’ll enjoy a full day of FREE family fun, taking in a world of memorable experiences at two fantastic museums – Coventry Transport Museum and the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum.
At the Herbert, take an inspiring journey to the magical world of the Alice stories in Looking in Wonderland: Sir John Tenniel's Illustrations to the Alice Books, and come face to face with huge drawings by the brilliant Quentin Blake in his latest exhibition, Quentin Blake: As Large As Life. Children and adults of all ages will delight in Through the Rabbit Hole: Creative Family Play Space, an interactive installation inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, taking you to a world of adventure and imagination.
The Transport Museum’s War Effort exhibition sets the theme for the Wartime Summer activities, which gives children the chance to see what life was like during World War II. The fun won’t be rationed as the winners will take part in activity trails, make-do-and-mend craft workshops and plenty more. Hurtling back to the present day, getting up close and personal with the world’s fastest car and experiencing the land speed record simulator is a great way to round off a memorable full day in this historic city.
The special prize day will include a delicious indoor family picnic lunch, discount vouchers to treat yourself in the museum gift shops, and return travel to and from Coventry on a real vintage bus with an entertaining tour guide.
Gary Hall, Chief Executive at Coventry Transport Museum said:
“There’s so much to see and do at Coventry’s museums all year round, and most of what’s available is completely FREE of charge. Many people just don’t realise how quick and easy it is to get to Coventry and take advantage of everything that’s going onso this Summer we’re inviting families to try out something different, and come and discover the museums for themselves. Whatever your family enjoys doing, you’ll find something in Coventry to delight and inspire them!"
HOW TO ENTER
There are places to be won on four dates throughout the Summer:
Tue 30 July – leaving from and returning to Nuneaton Bus Station
Tue 6 August – leaving from and returning to Rugby Bus Station
Tue 13 August – leaving from and returning to Hinckley Leisure Centre
Tue 20 August – leaving from and returning to St Margarets Bus Station, Leicester
To enter and be in with a chance of winning a Big Day Out in Coventry, simply complete this entry form - winners will be notified at least 7 days before their chosen date.
Even if you’re not one of the lucky winners you can still enjoy a Big Day Out in Coventry this summer – the city is easily accessible by car, bus and train, and both museums are within a few minutes’ walk of each other.
Visit the museums’ websites www.theherbert.org and www.transport-museum.com to see the full summer programme of events and activities, and start planning your family day out today!
BIG DAY OUT Terms & Conditions
- Return travel via vintage bus from the specified location to and from Coventry, at the specified times
- Light lunch provided in an indoor picnic area at Coventry Transport Museum, consisting of a sandwich, crisps, cold drink and piece of fruit per person
- Visit to Coventry Transport Museum and the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
- Ride on the World Land Speed Record Simulator at Coventry Transport Museum
- Family activity trail at Coventry Transport Museum (1 per family)
- 10% discount voucher for use at Coventry Transport Museum shop
1. Departure times are 10am outward and 4pm return. The bus will leave promptly at these times and no further bus will be provided. Please arrive at the departure location in good time to board the bus ready for departure. No responsibility will be taken by the organisers for participants who fail to arrive in time for departure.
2. There is no cash alternative.
3. Tickets are not transferrable and can only be used by the person who won/reserved them.
4. Each ticket is valid for up to two adults and up to three under 18s (babes in arms must be accounted for within this number)
5. Tickets can only be won/reserved by persons over the age of 18
6. No unaccompanied under 18s will be admitted onto the bus
7. Due to the historic nature of the vintage bus, wheelchair users may not be able to access the bus. Please contact the organisers at least seven days in advance to discuss possible alternatives.
8. Any other access requirements should be discussed with the organisers at least seven days in advance.
9. Participants may be required to take part in promotional activity during their visit, this may include being photographed, filmed or interviewed for publicity purposes.
10. The organisers will provide lunch as detailed above, including vegetarian options. Any further dietary requirements should be advised in advance and a reasonable effort will be made to accommodate them.
11. Participants acknowledge that they are responsible for their own safety (and the safety of their possessions) for the duration of ‘The Big Day Out’.
12. In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to personal effects, the organisers will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the Service (except in instances of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence) and participants waive all and any claims against the Company in this respect.
13. The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel any part of this event without notice. In the unlikely event of a significant change or cancellation, reasonable efforts will be made to contact participants in advance.