Early Years in the City Showcase
Join us for an early years showcase event with a difference.
Discover what activities and classes you and your little ones can do in and around Coventry. Find out about sensory and messy play opportunities, rhyme time, baby massage, sports and dance classes, and so much more. This showcase is for parents, parents-to-be, grandparents and childminders to help you discover what early years activities you can get involved with, helping to support your child’s development, imagination and opportunities for stimulating play experiences. You will also be able to take part in a variety of early years activities throughout the day.
In addition to local business’ showcasing what they have to offer, you will also be able to take part in a variety of early years activities throughout the day*:
Sensory Play Days
10:30 – 11:30am & 1:00pm – 2:00pm
£2 per child
Suitable for 0-4s, but all are welcome
Let imaginations soar as your child learns to play creatively in this interactive space. This session is completely hands on, for even the youngest of children, assisting with fine motor skill development, gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, problem solving and social interaction. Above all else it is fun and offers you a wonderful opportunity to play with your child in a relaxed and engaging environment.
Mini Museum Engineers
11am – 12:00pm & 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Suitable for 2 – 5s, but all are welcome
Ready, steady, engineer! We invite you and your mini museum engineers to get problem solving and explore our vehicles in this new exciting family session. You and your little ones will enjoy experimenting with the variety of building materials and having a go at the construction challenges. Can you build a very tall ladder without it falling over? How about a very fast car? Are you ready to build a vehicle with 10 wheels and see how fast it can go inside the museum? Join us to find out!
Sensory Stories and Rhymes
10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm & 2:30pm
Suitable for 0-4s, but all are welcome
Explore our collections for 30 minutes of songs, stories, movement and play. We use sensory goody bags and props in these sessions to keep your little ones engaged with the story and rhymes. The sensory items help your child’s understanding of what they are hearing adding context and meaning to their experience and extending their opportunities for play and enjoyment.
Drama Tots Adventure
11.30am & 2.00pm
Suitable for 18 months – 5 years, older siblings are welcome to come along too.
Drama Tots uses music, movement and imaginative play to whisk your little ones away on a magical adventure. This 20 minute session is suitable for children aged 18 months - 5 years and their carers. Drama Tots sessions are exciting, engaging, educational and heaps of fun!
Sing and Sign
11.30am & 2.30pm
Suitable for 0 – 2 year olds
Come along and discover the joys and benefits of signing with your baby in this 30 minute taster session. We'll use simple songs and nursery rhymes together with music, toys and instruments to help you communicate with your pre-verbal or emerging speech baby about everyday life, as well as what they want to tell you. We will also have a visit from our favourite friend, Jessie Cat, for a game of peek-a-boo to enhance the fun!
10.00am - 3.30pm
Suitable for grown ups!
Enjoy a free hand and arm pamper treatment from Lush Coventry, whilst you discuss the range of products they have for sale in store that can be used throughout pregnancy, afterwards and also on your special little ones to help keep them relaxed and happy. This is a real treat for our grown up visitors to enjoy on the day… we can’t let the babies and toddlers have all the fun!
Showcasing on the Day
- ArtVenturers - Colourful and creative art classes, parties and events for babies, toddlers and children.
- BilinguaSing - Bilingual baby and toddler classes, preschool and nursery sessions, primary school clubs and children's parties in Coventry, Leamington Spa and Warwick.
- Drama Tots - Children’s drama and imaginative play classes. Suitable for aged 18 months – 4 years.
- Waterbabies – Baby and toddler swimming classes from birth to 4 years.
- Coventry Libraries – Discover the free of charge classes and activities available through Coventry libraries for babies – pre-schoolers.
- Coventry Family Hubs – A place where young children and their families can go to for support, made up of 8 hubs across the city offering baby clinics, classes and activities.
- Sing and Sign - Baby signing classes for 0-2 year olds, with music, designed to promote the development of communication, language and speech in pre-verbal babies and those just beginning to speak.
- Tots Play - Classes suitable from Birth-4 yrs. We cover Baby Yoga, Baby Massage, Baby Development, Baby Signing, Sensory Play, Physical activities, Music and Movement, Bike riding Skills and more. Our classes are cover 4 different age groups; the first class being our Baby Development Course which is aimed at newborns-6 months and is especially helpful to first time parents.
- Twirling Toddlers - Dance and movement classes for children aged 1 – 5 years.
- Warwick Research for Kids - Warwick Research with Kids Group is a team of researchers from the Departments of Psychology and Philosophy at the University of Warwick. We develop fun and engaging language development studies in which parents can take part with their children. Our language development research is appropriate for ages 0-5 years, but we also have studies on cooperation skills and sense of commitment for older children (7-9 years).
- By Your Side - We are a service user forum working with Coventry and Warwickshire Perinatal Mental Health Team helping to support families with emotional difficulties during pregnancy or in the year following the birth of their child.
Baby Cherish - Baby massage classes in Coventry aimed at babies aged 8 weeks to crawling. Mums and dads learn about the amazing benefits of baby massage. Each session focuses on a different part of the body and includes rhymes and songs.
Jo Jingles - Music and Movement classes for parents and children ages 3 months – 5 years in Coventry, Rugby and Kenilworth.
Coventry Family Health and Lifestyle Service - The Be Active Be Healthy (BABH) team deliver a range of healthy lifestyle and exercise programmes including free weekly Bump and Buggy workouts, a 10 week Buggy Workout Extra course and a 8-10 week One Body One Life course, supporting families to reduce weight, increase physical activity and adopt healthier long term behaviours.
Zumbini - Created by Zumba® and BabyFirst for kids ages 0-4, the Zumbini® programme combines music, dance and educational tools for 45 minutes of can’t-stop, won’t-stop bonding, learning, and fun!
If you are a local early years business, who specialises in leading activities for under 5’s, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about booking a stall at this event to showcase what you do.