Sensory Stories & Rhymes
Explore our collections through songs, stories, movement and sensory play.
These sessions provide an opportunity for our youngest visitors to engage with our collections in a way that is meaningful to them. The hands-on nature of these sessions appeal to their imaginations and above all else is fun. Each child will receive a sensory play box, containing freshly cleaned sensory resources, which helps to keep them engaged for the duration of the session; adds context by using a physical object to give words meaning; extends learning through play and increases their opportunities to develop good listening and language skills. Sessions take place in different galleries each week, simply ask at the Welcome Desk when you arrive to find out what space we will be in so your little ones can experience our collections through play.
Designed for ages 0 - 4
Dates: 7, 14, 21, 28 September, 5, 12, 19 October, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Sensory Stories & Rhymes sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the room.
- This measure will remain in place throughout Autumn and Winter as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available as you enter the museum.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).