The Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Coventry Transport Museum and the Lunt Roman Fort are available for onsite, facilitated school visits. Our Learning Team have worked hard to adapt our educational programme to ensure we can offer you high quality and exciting activities, whilst introducing new measures, following government guidance, to provide a safe environment for you, your pupils and our staff.
We are taking bookings for facilitated onsite visits only. We are unable to accept self-led visits to our museums by school groups at this time.
If you have any questions please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are limiting school visits to two classes per day (maximum of 34 pupils per class), at each of our sites, however both groups must be from the same year group bubble. For schools visiting our sites with just one class, we will not accept another group on the same day, to allow us sufficient time for deep cleaning between groups.
- When a second group is onsite at the same time from your year group bubble, this group will take part in self-led time around the museum. We encourage you to divide into smaller groups to reduce the impact on capacities in gallery spaces and allow for social distancing with the genral public.
- We require a minimum of 3 adults to attend the visit with your class.
- New risk assessments are available for each of our sites.
- Cross-site visits between CTM & HAGM can continue, for schools to take advantage of the discounted rate and travel bursary scheme*.
- Our Learning Team will remain socially distanced and wear face shields.
We also have a virtual schools offer, enabling us to bring our activities direct to your school through online media: www.coventrymuseums.org.uk. The virtual offer will also further enhance your onsite learning and support pre and post visit activities.
Please click here to download a risk assessment form (Updated for 20/21 School Year)
Museum-led sessions are delivered by experienced Learning Officers and the more sessions you book, the cheaper it gets!
You can expect your day to be a highly interactive hands-on, multi-sensory experience, focusing on the Herbert's rich collections of social history objects and fine art painting and sculptures.
Your pupils will enjoy a creative learning environment in which they can develop transferable skills such as critical thinking, communication and problem-solving.
To book a session, please complete a booking form or email email@example.com or call 0247 6237523
Please note there is a 33% charge for cancellations within one month of the visit and 100% charge for a cancellation on the day, except for circumstances beyond your control.
We are involved in an exciting partnership with the Coventry Transport Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, to help Primary school teachers to arrange more museum visits and bring the curriculum to life for their groups.
Using funding from the Arts Council and the Department for Education, we are working to increase the number of primary schools taking part in high quality educational visits to museums in Coventry.
By encouraging schools to get pupils out of the classroom and into museums, together we will spark young people’s curiosity and encourage a lifelong passion for culture and learning.
Please note that all schools must book before their visit.
Two Session Travel Bursary
Pay just £5.50 per pupil and your class will enjoy:
- Two education sessions at Coventry museums, over the course of either one or two days (days do not have to be adjacent – they can be taken at any time during the school year)*
- Travel bursary of up to £200**, to subsidise transport costs for visits to the museums.
- FREE use of a lunch space
- Each visit must consist of the same pupils.
* While funding lasts | Learning sessions must take place before the end of March 2022
It is just £3.50 per session per head with a minimum charge of £105 for group sizes between 12 - 30.
Booking two sessions is just £5.50 per head, with a minimum charge of £165.
This second session can also take place at the Herbert, or at Coventry Transport Museum which is included in this special discounted price.
Groups of Less Than 12 - Home Education & SEN
If you would like to book learning sessions, but your group is less than 12, we offer a single rate.
To book one session is £45 for up to 12 students.
To book two sessions is £90 for up to 12 students.
Groups of More Than 12 - Home Education & SEN
If your non-school group is larger than 12, we offer the following rates.
To book one session is £3.50 per head, with a minimum charge of £45.
To book two sessions is £5.50 per head, with a minimum charge of £90.