Art Masterclass: Clay Sculptures
Our latest Art Masterclasses instalment provides children the opportunity to get hands-on with clay.
Designed for age 8-14
A member of our Learning Team will support your budding artists in using various clay sculpture techniques to bring their ideas to life. This two-hour workshop starts with a short tour of our Long Gallery containing an amazing array of sculptures. The workshop will then continue into the classroom where your child will become the artist and use clay and various sculpture tools to make their own artwork. Their finished pieces will need 24 hours to dry but can be taken home on the day. Once completely dry the sculptures can be painted as desired to continue the fun and learning at home. Our series of art masterclasses are a fantastic opportunity for encouraging creative minds and enhancing the skills of budding artists.
Did you know we can support your child to achieve their Arts Award Discover if they are aged 5-11? Taking part in our school holiday activities and visiting our exhibitions helps them to do the majority of the work needed to complete their award. Find out more about the Arts Award from Home programme.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our workshops will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Workshops are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space we are using and set the room up to suit the number of people booked on.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the workshop if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting the room.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the session.
- Each family, from the same household, will have their own dedicated workstation, with social distancing in place between you and the next workstation.
- Each child will receive their own dedicated kit to work with, which will have been cleaned beforehand using antibacterial products and stored in a way to keep them clean and sanitized until the time comes for your child to use their kit.
- The workshop location has gone through a thorough deep clean and continues to be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
- A member of staff will be with you throughout the workshop, wearing a clear face visor and will keep a safe distance from you whilst guiding you, talking to you and helping you to have an enjoyable experience.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this workshop, please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).