We are celebrating the weaving history of Coventry with two weeks of colourful, woven craft activities.
Try your hand at cardboard loom coasters, making woven dream catchers, and so much more!
Drop in* | £2.50 per child, under 3s are free
Designed for age 3+, but all are welcome
Saturday 19, Monday 21 & Tuesday 22 February
Cardboard Circle Coasters – A fun way for children to learn weaving, using cardboard circles as the loom and discovering how to weave colourful wool in and out of spokes.
Wednesday 23 & Thursday 24 February
Cup Weaving Pen Pots – Add a splash of colour to your desk with a woven pen pot made from paper cups and wool. The possibilities for weaving are proving endless this half term!
Friday 25 & Saturday 26 February
Woven CD Dreamcatcher – It’s amazing how many items can be turned into looms for woven craft activities. Join us today to create a gorgeous dreamcatcher from old CD’s to hang above your bed at night. If you have time, transport back to the days of the Vikings by trying your hand at Trollen Wheel techniques to make a beautiful woven bracelet as an added activity too.
*Spaces are available on a first-come, first served basis
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Sensory Play Days sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to attending this session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Family Learning Officer).