Sensory Stories and Rhymes
Explore our collections through songs, stories, movement and sensory play.
Every Tuesday (Coventry term time only)
Three sessions | 10.30am – 11.00am & 11.30am – 12.00pm & 12.30pm – 1.00pm
Designed for age 0-4
These sessions provide an opportunity for our youngest visitors to engage with our collections in a way that is meaningful to them, is hands-on, appeals to their imaginations and above all else is fun.
Each child will receive a sealed, plastic box containing freshly cleaned sensory resources which helps to keep them engaged for the duration of the session; adds context by using a physical object to give words meaning; extends learning through play and increases their opportunities to develop good listening and language skills.
Sessions take place in different galleries each week, simply ask at reception when you arrive to find out what space we will be in so your little ones can experience our collections through play.
Booking in advance is essential to ensure we remain within our safe capacity to allow for social distancing.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Sensory Stories and Rhymes sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space we are using and provide you with a socially distanced, playful environment.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering the space.
- Each family, from the same household, will have their own dedicated space, with social distancing in place between you and the next group.
- Each child will receive their own dedicated sensory goody box to play with, which will have been cleaned beforehand using antibacterial products and stored in a way to keep them clean and sanitized until the time comes for your child to use their resources.
- The session location has gone through a thorough deep clean and continues to be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
- A member of staff will be facilitating the session, wearing a clear face visor and will keep a safe distance from you. Above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- All adults in the group must wear a facemask in line with government guidance.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Family Learning Officer).