Mini Makers - Messy Play
There is tons of creative fun for little hands and feet in relaxed and engaging art session.
Babies and toddlers will have the opportunity to explore various materials across the sessions including paint, glitter, paste, sand, clay, slimy spaghetti, chalk and much more. Messy play is an important element of early childhood development, appealing to children’s curiosity and helping them to understand the world through their senses. These sessions will also expose them to early mark making, enabling them to develop good concentration, muscle control and encourage their imaginations. Be prepared to get messy!
Designed for age 0 - 4
10 June – Go Wild With Nature – With the weather getting warmer outside, this month we will be enjoying nature inspired messy play. Stomping through paint to make wild beast foot prints, pressing real flowers to craft suncatchers, leaf printing and diving into sensory filled tuft trays.
1 July – Celebrate Summer – One of our favourite themes of the year! Delve into our sandpit, create sunny scene pictures with mark making and so much more with this colourful Mini Makers session.
It is advisable that you and your child wear items of clothing that you are happy to risk getting paint on. Whilst the paint is water based it may stain if not washed out quickly. Many of our regular visitors have a dedicated 'messy' outfit for the purposes of enjoying this session to its fullest extent, with a spare outfit to change into afterwards.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Mini Makers (Messy Play) sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space we are using and provide you with a socially distanced, playful environment.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Sessions will be set up in the studio in a new format, with zoned areas for each household to use, to avoid crossover between children and eliminate shared resources that are of a raw nature (paint, cereal, rice, etc).
- Each play space will be clearly marked out on the floor using wipeable, waterproof splash mats.
- Each play space will have replicated activities, so all children are receiving the same experience.
- Sessions will be reduced to 1 hour, to allow for additional cleaning time between the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the session.
- Masks worn by adults throughout, unless exempt and until government guidelines instruct us not to wear them.
- Clear social distancing markers in place outside of the studio whilst families queue to enter the space.
- A member of learning staff will be facilitating the session, wearing a clear face visor and will keep a safe distance from you. Above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available in the Studio to ensure visitors are complying. This is paramount in this space as resources will be shared between children.
- Ventilation of room – doors to remain open at the front and back of the studio, with windows open at the back of Studio. A barrier will be put up to stop children from entering the back of the studio while the activities are taking place.
- A ‘Tried and Tasted’ deposit box will be available – this is for parents/carers and staff to deposit items that have been mouthed by children, and will be sanitized at the end of the session.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).