Art Masterclass: Watercolours and Ink
Investigate objects from our collection in this masterclass that will teach young artists key skills for drawing from still life.
In this workshop young artists will be guided through various sketching techniques when drawing with ink pens, before moving onto working with watercolour paints to add beautiful, serene and blended colours to their final pieces. Your child will leave this workshop with a new set of skills and a fantastic piece of artwork to take home. Our series of art masterclasses are fantastic for encouraging creative minds and enhancing the skills of young artists.
Did you know we can support your child to achieve their Arts Award Discover if they are aged 5-11? Taking part in our school holiday activities and visiting our exhibitions helps them to do the majority of the work needed to complete their award. Find out more about the Arts Award from Home programme.
Designed for 8 -16 years
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Art Masterclasses will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the room.
- This measure will remain in place throughout Autumn and Winter as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Sessions will be set up in the studio in a similar format to pre-covid, but with specific cleaning measures in place.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available as you enter the museum.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Family Learning Officer)