Spectacular Self Portraits
Self Portraits can be a wonderful way of exploring art and ourselves.
Taking inspiration from key permanent portraits in our ‘Portrait Trail’, we will be using an array of upcycled and recycled mediums this half term to recreate representations of ourselves.
Drop in* | £2.50 per child, under 3s are free
Designed for age 3+, but all are welcome
Saturday 28, Monday 30 & Tuesday 31 May
Loose Parts Self Portraits – Create 3D self-portraits by shaping cardboard pizza bases into different portrait shapes and combining with colourful loose part materials and tissue paper colour and textures. Recreate your likeness by exploring and playing with a spectrum of creative textured materials including feathers, wool, pipe cleaners, ribbon and sequins.
Wednesday 1 & Thursday 2 June
Creative Ceramic Self Portraits - Hand draw your self-portrait onto ceramic plates. Use a colourful array of sharpie permanent markers to create a beautiful keepsake that everyone will love.
Friday 3 & Saturday 4 June
Abstract Appearances – Give yourself an abstract appearance using cardboard and chalk to make a fancy face portrait. Take your amazing artwork home and enjoy!
*Spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Sensory Play Days sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).